Friday, September 25, 2009

Fennec Alpha 3 for Windows Mobile



     Fennec Alpha 3 for Windows Mobile is out and ready for download. For those of you who don't know what Fennec is I will say only three words "Mozilla mobile browser". Yeah, it's true and it will be available for multiple platforms like it's bigger brother(Firefox). Among those platforms there is Windows Mobile, Maemo, Symbian.
     For those of you who tested the previous release I'll just cut to the news of this version:
  • Much improved panning/scrolling performance
  • Improved start-up time
  • Revised theme
  • Support for running in full screen
  • Numerous bug fixes
  • Improved painting performance
  • Improved UI polish
  • Support for touch sensitive directional pad on HTC devices
  • Improved kinetic panning with directional locking
  • Ability to scroll frames
  • Improved zooming support
  • Support for multiple screen sizes

     I know I'm a little late with the post but I know there's never too late. You can find here a link to the full article.
    With this said I'd like to thank again Brad Lassey, my mentor in GSoC 2009, for all the support on my project.
     Thumbs up for Mozilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment